Manager Production Engineering
Production Engineering Manager
People manager & Process Manager | Improve NPI project organization and deliverables
What will you be doing as a Production Engineering Manager?
Translate technology roadmap to a successful operational Production Engineering organization. Improve New Product Introduction (NPI) project management and deliverables. Improve setup of Product Creation Process matrix. Production Engineering defines and works out the production process. Review efficiencies and eliminate waste within the manufacturing process.
• Lead all mechanical production engineering, encompassing capital and process development projects, providing superior technical knowledge. Responsible for providing leadership and management to a team of Production Engineers.
• Lead the team in new product introductions; Motivate, coach and develop the team members to operational success;
• Ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues and daily supervision to maximize efficient productivity;
• Deliver high quality products/components to clearly defined standards.
• Responsible for installation, maintenance and improvement of production lines, managing contractors and ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to. The role has full budgetary responsibility for the department. Implement and manage continuous improvement principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes. In this role you will usually manage multiple projects at the same time.
• Drive continuous improvement activities in quality, cycle times, process improvement, machine availability through lean techniques and value engineering to enhance the capability of existing processes and remove waste;
• Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization;
• Contribute to an improved optimal NPI process within Frencken.
Are you our Production Engineering Manager?
You are an experienced manager with highly developed interpersonal skills. With your experience you manage and oversee your projects and keep a helicopter view without missing important details. You are a teambuilder and able to inspire, motivate and convince people. Also you think in opportunities and have a “can do” mentality. Furthermore you have:
• A technical Master degree; e.g. Mechanical Engineering;
• Affinity with high-tech complex systems;
• At least 10 years’ experience with leading teams;
• At least 5 years of experience with technical project management;
• Experience in translating the technical roadmap to operational plans;
• In depth knowledge and experience of Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis; (DFMEA), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Product Creation Process (PCP) and Lean Manufacturing techniques / Six Sigma;
• Experience of New Product Introduction, reworking design changes and upgrades through to production;
• You are a pro-active, analytical and creative person;
• Independent, structured and pleasant to deal with;
• committed, goes for success, used to work hard and meet deadlines;
• Excellent oral and written command of English and preferably Dutch.
Who are we?
Frencken Mechatronics is an integrated technology solution provider. We develop, manufacture and sustain key mechatronic systems, modules and components for customers in high tech equipment manufacturing markets.
Competences and technologies
Among a vast range of competencies and technological capabilities, we are highly skilled in precision engineering, accurate positioning and motion control, systems for use in high vacuum, value engineering, complex high-level assembly and test, electric motors and particle optics.
Our experienced engineers and world class manufacturing capabilities, including ultra-high precision machining, complex high-level assembly, compliance to the highest cleanliness standards, cleanrooms and test and qualification expertise, enable us to deliver a wide range of high precision products and mechatronic solutions in line with the highest industry standards.
We take pride in creating innovative sustainable solutions with our customers. We enable our customers to focus and excel in their core business, provide total product life cycle management and access to our global centers of excellence to accommodate a global market approach. In everything we do, we focus on delivering the highest value to our customers.
We serve leading OEMs worldwide in some of the most demanding high tech equipment markets, such as semiconductor, medical and analytical instrumentation.
Global Presence, Local Expertise
Frencken Mechatronics is part of Frencken Group Ltd. and operates globally with operating sites in Europe, North America and Asia.
What do we offer?
At Frencken Mechatronics Europe we all share the passion for technical innovation. The atmosphere is informal and we have short communication lines. We reward your efforts with a good salary, bonus payment, great employment conditions and development opportunities.
Would you like to get more information about this vacancy? Please call or Whatsapp our Corporate Recruiter Stephan Sonnemans, 06-55183097.
- Job type